Sunday, February 15, 2009

Red Velvet Cake Balls

Thanks to Megan for her recipe on the red velvet cake balls. I made some for Steve to take into work on Friday. I did modify the recipe a tad, instead of dipping the balls into chocolate I drizzled the chocolate over them. They were a huge success, I even had one of his co-workers call me and tell how delicious they are. They were so easy to make, messy but easy. As a warning if you have kids, don't try these unless they are asleep or someone else is home with you. Nothing like having your hands covered in cake mix and icing while your child is off running into walls.


5 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

yummy!!! and i'm sure low fat!

Mrs. Wesely said...

Megan made those for a Christmas party back in December. I can still taste them. They were so good and now my mouth is watering just thinking about them....

Tracey said...

Looks incredible! Please share the recipe!

Hers and His said...

I'm so glad you liked them! Drizzling them in chocolate rather than dipping them was a great idea! I had some problems with red velvet crumbles getting into the chocolate, so I will have to try your idea next time :)

Jami said...

I had the same problem with the dipping, I dipped the first five and it was crumbling and thought I would run out of chocolate. That's when I tried drizzling.