Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday

We had a slight scare yesterday, nothing too big but it did warrant me jumping in the backseat while Steve was driving down the interstate with big semi trucks all around us.

We decided to take advantage of the warm day and go to the zoo. I bought our zoo membership this week and was anxious to get a head start on getting our money's worth. I felt a little run down in the morning but after we all took a nap I felt much better so headed out after lunch. We had just left the house and Steve turned on some good praise and worship music, I turn around and Cooper is having a good ol' time back there clapping and bobbing his head. A minute or two later I turn back around and he is starting to cry and rubbing his eyes. He hadn't been up long so I knew he wasn't tired, I tried calling his name but he wouldn't open his eyes. His head kept kept falling down almost as if he was passing out. What really scared me was that he wasn't responding when we called his name. This is when I jump back there, Steve gets off the Veteran's Parkway exit and tries to find a place to pullover. Of course there is a ton of traffic and by then I realize he had scratched his eye. Luckily it was the outside corner and not the inside. Obviously small children don't have the ability to keep one eye open and the other closed, which explains why he looked as if he was passing out. After this he clearly was not in the mood for anything so we skipped the zoo and headed to Target and the mall instead.

Our shopping trip did turn out good. I got two big packs for Huggies and got a $5 gift card with my purchase and I wanted to look at a storage ottoman they had for sale. They were sold out of the brown, which is what we wanted, but that is a good thing cause we got a rain check and now have two months to go back and get it. I wasn't planning on buying this weekend so it worked out in our favor. Then at Dillard's I found the cutest pair of K Swiss tennis shoes for Cooper for $10. They are a little big so that should last a while. He looks like such a big boy. I'll try and get some pictures. Cooper ended the day with visits from Uncle Scott, Papaw, and both Mamaws. I think he forgot all about the animals he never did get to see by that time.

3 comments:

ginmommy said...

Glad all is well with the little guy!!

Hers and His said...

Poor Cooper. Glad everything was alright :)

Tracey said...

It's scary when stuff like that happens!! I'm glad he's okay! :)