Friday, February 20, 2009

15 Month Check Up

Cooper had his 15 month check up this morning. This was probably the hardest well visit so far. As he has become more aware of strangers he doesn't like them, especially when they are doing things to them. He didn't like it when the nurse weighed and measured him, it made it worse that he had a dirty diaper that she changed. He didn't like it when the doctor checked him out, although he did much better at letting her look at his ears. He really did not like the shots of course, he figured it out before it started, that was the hard part. He feel asleep on the way home and I forgot to bring the Tylenol with me, I usually try and give him some before this shots to help with pain and possible fever, so he gets that when we wakes up. One of his shots was a tetanus shot which I know is going to be sore. Also while he was screaming I noticed he is getting his top molars. He went from 5 teeth to 12 in about a month. How crazy is that?

He is still in the 10 and 15% percentile for weight and length and 80% for head, Poor guy has always had a big head. He weighed 20 lb 10 oz and was 30 inches. He has only gained about a pound since his 1 year visit but has grown almost 3 inches.

Alirghty, I'm off to relax myself.

2 comments:

ginmommy said...

Sorry the little guy had a hard time.

Tracey said...

I hope he's much better now! ;)