Thursday, August 1, 2013

Kindergarten is Here!

If all social media outlets didn't give it away, today was the first day of school.  Didn't we just have our last day of preschool and head to Disney?  Heck, didn't I just walk Cooper into preschool for the first time almost two years ago?
 For almost 6 years I have been reading on blogs and Facebook all about first days of school and it seemed like it was so far off for my family.  Like I had all the time in the world.  Time has run out and Cooper if officially a Jonathan Jennings Pirate.
 He was pumped!  We had our traditional mini chocolate chip muffins for breakfast, along with some bacon and eggs.  I love, love, love this picture.
 School doesn't start until 9, which I was a little afraid it might give us too much time in the morning.  Time to nervous, but he was champ and didn't let it show one bit.

 
For the first couple of days we get to walk in with them and wait in the gym until they call the class.  We were not allowed however to go into the classroom.  We had an open house on Tuesday night so we had already seen the classroom so it wasn't a big deal.  I didn't forget that night however to take pictures of his desk and cubby.  I guess it will have to wait until parent/teacher conference night.
 
The gym filled up quick, which is when I started to get nervous, but not this guy.  He found his buddy Luke and made himself at home. 



 Before long it was time to give him a hug and away he would go.  I hate that these next two are blurry.  Especially the one with the wave, it's just so cute.


We did good, no tears were shed.  I felt so bad for the crying kids, I don't think I could have left if my kid was crying.  And those poor kids with crying parents, I mean come on, hold it together until you get outside.  Don't scare them more than they already are.  I don't think it will hit me until next week and we get into more of a routine.  My favorite part of the day was picking him up, the theme for JJ this year is "Where dreams really do come true", so he had on Mickey hears.  Love it!  The first thing he told us was that the middle of the book was called a spine.  Random, but I totally love it.  He really seemed happy and excited, which makes me happy and excited for him.  To make things easier, he has 8 or 9 kids from Wee Ones in his class. 
 
So, how did I spend my day?  Well, we ordered new furniture for Cooper's room a couple weeks ago and we are still waiting on it to come in.  In the meantime we have been looking for bedding, I have an idea of what I want to do and since we don't have big furniture in there right now we decided to go ahead and paint his room.  Steve took the day off and his parents took Cameron for the day so we painted.  I think having the project helped to keep my mind off of kindergarten.  I can't wait to get it all done and blog it.  I love the color. 
 
Hope everyone else had good first days.  It's so hard to believe summer is over already.

6 comments:

ginmommy said...

So glad that he had a great first day! :-)

Susie said...

I know I can't believe the summer is over! Glad he had a good day! Ellie seemed to like it too besides coming home tired!

Jaime Mac said...

I thought about you guys yesterday! YES social media makes sure I don't miss the first day of school! :)
I KNEW he would have a great time & I even knew YOU would be ok too! ;)
They grow up fast, don't they? Sigh...

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

So glad he has Luke in class with him. What a cutie!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Ok, I just LOVE these pictures of him. He is so stinkin' excited he's about the burst! That has to make you feel super awesome!!! I love the random tidbit he gave you!! Hilarious!!!! Definitely one for the baby book!

the lewis gang said...

what a big day!! so glad he is enjoying it!! it's such a big year and so neat to see how they grow!! good job, momma!!