Friday, March 1, 2013

A Day in the Life

I realize I did a link up earlier today but this one was completely by accident.  I had planned on doing  a Day in the Life post today, then I was reading Kelly Korner's blog and that just so happened to be her Show us your Life Friday topic.  I have been reading her blog for a few years so I figured it was about time I participated. 
This was a typical Friday for us.  I got to sleep in till the whooping 6:45.  I was going to Jazzercise so I didn't have to take a shower, giving me an additional 15 minutes of sleep.  Both my kids are usually up by 7:30-7:45.  Cooper is almost always up first.  He will come into our room and lay in bed with my phone while I finish getting myself ready or start on breakfast.  Cameron wants to do whatever Cooper is doing.  He's just too pitiful looking with his bedtime loot.
 Friday is a school day so there is no playing around.  I get the boys their breakfast and while they are eating I eat and do some odds and ends that need to be done.  I started some laundry this morning and emptied the dishwasher.  I also got a start on some new medicine I'm on.  At the tender age of 33 I am now on Lipitor.  Remember our routine insurance required blood work?  Well I have high cholesterol.  I've had it tested before and it was high so it wasn't a big surprise.  This is all hereditary so there isn't much diet or exercise is going to do.  I go back in three months for a re-check, until then it's a pill everyday.
 My kids will make up a game for just about anything.  This morning it was dragging one another around with my scarf, this afternoon is throwing diapers at one another.  Luckily they were clean diapers.
 I dropped Cooper off at 9:00 and hightailed to Jeff for Jazzercise at 9:15.  I think half my workout is trying to get there on time.  After class I had about an hour to spare before picking Cooper up, it's not a whole lot of time to go home so we headed to Kohl's, we needed some new sheets.   I think I've mentioned this before but Cameron loves to play around in the front seat.  It's sometimes easier to let him play instead of fighting it.
 We got Cooper at 11:30 and all the kids came out wearing a Dr Seuss hat.  Love it!  They also had green eggs and ham today which Cooper said he liked.
I usually get right to work on lunch when we get home.  Today was peanut butter and jelly.  This is totally random but I love the smell and look of a fresh newly opened jar of peanut butter.  I could seriously eat the whole thing.
We had lunch and the boys played while I cleaned up and changed the clothes from the washer to the dryer.  I got Cameron down for a nap around 1:30 and set Cooper up with a show while I took a much needed shower. 
Since I have no shame I tried on the hat.

While Cameron was napping I also helped Cooper pack for his big night.  Him and Scott have been planning on an overnight stay for at least a month now.  He has been pumped.

 I also want to give a bit shout out to Cooper and his patch.  Steve & I have both noticed that it's working.  I tried it on for a few minutes and it's super annoying.  The fact he is wearing this for two hours a day just blows my mind. 
Cameron got up around 3:30 and I can't even begin to tell you what we did besides snack and fold clothes before Steve got home and Scott got here around 5:00 to get Cooper. 
Scott told Cooper he would take him out to dinner and Cooper chose Logan's.  Steve, Cameron, and myself chose Texas Roadhouse.  We got home around 7 and let Cameron watch the first part of Polar Express.  He is obsessed with that movie so it was a special treat for him.   He went to bed around 8:30 and I got a text from Scott that Cooper fell asleep around 9. 
I love doing these type of posts.  The last time I did one of these was almost two years ago.  It's always fun to go back and read how things have changed. 


Tracey said...

I like "day in the life" posts! I will have to do that soon. Cute pics of the kids. Uncle Scott is the bomb!

ginmommy said...

I somehow missed this post! I still can't believe you have to take Lipitor! Hope it helps!

April said...

I'm planning a post like this! Sounds so fun. I can't believe how big your boys are getting.

Parent's Guide said...

you probably aren't aware but your boy's seat belt is ill fitting to the point of being dangerous. The seat belt shouldn't be cutting across his neck, it should be across his shoulder. If you were in an accident the belt would cut across his neck, depending on the force it could be fatal. It looks like you have him in a Graco Nautilus, and it looks like the headrest could go up higher? Probably a good idea to read the manual and consult the manufacturer for recommendations.