Friday, May 25, 2012

Gettin' Crafty

Now that summer is here I knew I needed to stock up on some craft supplies.  We were out of construction paper and finger paints so those were a must but I also had a few other things up my sleeve.  

My in-laws got me a gift card to Hobby Lobby for Christmas.  I was hoping to find a table for our foyer.  I've had luck in the past with accent furniture there but just couldn't find anything this time.  I don't really know what I want, I'll just know it when I see it.  I decided to take that gift card and stock up this week on fun activities.

Hobby Lobby really needs to rethink their idea of a shopping cart.  You just can't fit two kids and all your stuff in there.

The end result of our shopping trip was this; canvas for finger painting, finger paints, construction paper, sun catchers (the ones you paint and the ones you bake), butterfly garden, make your own volcano, and a kit to mold and paint your own model cars. 

 We've already done a few items.  I was super excited about the sun catchers.  I can remember doing this is a kid.  Cooper was so patient helping put the crystals in the correct spot.  My OCD just wouldn't let me do it anywhere, it had to be correct.  I should have taken a picture of it on our patio door.  It's cute!
We also molded a car and truck, he worked super hard at painting the car.  We haven't painted the truck yet, I'm sure it will take no time. 
 He also got a little carried away with the paint.  The paint on his nose stayed there most of the evening.
 This is what I am most excited about, I found an idea on Pinterest I can't wait to do.  This is the first step.  I need to get Cameron's ready and we will be all set.  Can't wait to show you the finished product.


I attempted to mold the volcano last night.  It takes a couple of days to get going.  First you mold it, then you paint it, then you erupt it.  Ms Crafty over here put the eruption chamber upside down, so we either need to buy a new kit or see if we can get a couple additional bags of plaster.  Hoping we can find plaster at the craft store. 

Stayed tuned for more craft adventures at the Lee house.  I know you will be waiting.

5 comments:

Susie said...

Sounds like fun ideas!! Ellie has been wanting me to by her the butterfly garden too.!! Maybe one day I will. She had done it at school.

ginmommy said...

Awesome job! I so need to be more crafty with the kids.

Jaime Mac said...

I used to LOVE doing the sun catchers too! Haha about your 'miss crafty' comment. :)
I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve!

Tracey said...

That's fun! I'm looking forward to some crafty days this summer :)

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Suncatchers are so fun! :)