Sunday, September 13, 2009

Colts Game

Steve & I celebrated our anniversary today by heading north to see the greatest team ever take the field and whoop up on some Jaguar butt!!!! Seeing as Steve is a Bears fan I have to say a big thank you to my wonderful husband for this awesome gift. I mean don't all guys love sports regardless of the team? And a huge thank you to Steve's parents for taking care of our little guy today, I'm sure he had a wonderful time, as did we.
It was a beautiful day, no clouds in the sky and a wonderful 80 degrees. With this weather the roof was open. For those unfamiliar, Lucas Oil Stadium has a retractable roof and a window on one end zone that can be opened. If there is even a slight chance of rain these remain closed because most of the stadium is not waterproof. We has awesome seats, around the 20 yard line and 13 rows up. Not bad for my first NFL live experience. Luckily the Colts pulled out a win, offense wasn't so great today but the defense picked it up and made some huge plays in the end. Come December the way you win doesn't matter, as long as you win. And it was a division win, all other division teams lost this weekend. Much better than the start of last season.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the pictures.
This isn't the greatest shot of the exterior, the place is so big you almost need an aerial shot. But you do get to see my 2nd husband.

This is some crazy Colts fan that I think is at all the games. We tried to catch up and get a better picture but we were too slow. Awww... we miss you Tony!!!!

If you look closely there is a man up there, I call this the worst job ever.



Here are my boys warming up.


The only picture we managed to get together.



It's almost time... 12:31 pm


12:45 pm



And here they come!!!!


This was awesome, they had some boy scouts bring out the American Flag, it was as big as the entire football field.



Here I am trying to shade myself. I left my sunglasses in the car, I realized this after we had lunch but Steve assured me I probably wouldn't need them. We ended up in direct sunlight for the entire first half.



This was the only game shot we took.. I guess we were too caught up in all the fun.


















6 comments:

Tracey said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I cannot wait to see the new stadium! Isn't seeing them live just incredible? Such energy :) :)
Glad you had a great day. I'm WAY jealous!

ginmommy said...

Those are GREAT pictures!! Looks like you had a great time. I'm glad you guys had the chance to do this, great memories :)

Hers and His said...

Happy Early/Late? Anniversary! Glad you had a good time! :)

Mrs. Wesely said...

I love the pictures. The one of you in the sunlight is just adorable! I'm happy that you and Steve had the day away together. :)

melanie said...

awsome! There is nothing like being at a live game

Jill said...

What a great way to spend your anniversary. Even if another man was involved (Peyton). Just kidding! Looks like you had a blast! :-)