Sunday, September 7, 2008

Good Times

I don't think I could have asked for a better weekend. Saturday was great, we did not have to be anywhere early that morning we we were able to get up and relax and not rush around. Cooper was in a great mood as usual in the morning and enjoyed his French Toast sticks. The boy will eat anything. I had lunch with Sharon and Karen at O'Charley's. I don't go there often and I think it's becoming a tradition that Sharon and I go there for lunch right before either of us has a baby. She found out last week she has to have a c-section and is scheduled to go in on the 19th. I'm so excited for her! After lunch I came home, picked up Cooper and headed off to Gunner's 1st birthday party. Gunner is Lisa and Joey Stamper's little boy. I've never seen anything quite like it for a birthday party. They had a cowboy theme complete with pony rides, which you will see later that Cooper was not a fan of. By the time I got home it was 6:00 and I think I was more tired than Cooper was, despite the fact he only had one nap.

So far it has been the picture perfect Sunday as well. I've been in the nursery the whole month of August and the two Sunday's prior to that I got called back because Cooper was getting cranky. I was so excited to hear a sermon again. I let the nursery workers know that if he gets upset it's because it's a Mommy thing and I'm okay with that he needs to get used to it and if he gets out of control to call me in. Well, as soon our preacher got up someone came to tell me that he had been crying the entire time, they were okay, but thought I should know. I went ahead and went back and he was so upset. Once I took him he was fine. I guess it's something we are going to have to try and work through. Okay, so that wasn't picture perfect but the rest of the day has been. We had Steve's parents and my mom over for Papa Murphy's pizza and some Brownies and after they left all three of us took a nap. How much better does it get? Then tonight we get to see the Colts beat the Bears! Opening NFL kick-off weekend has to be the best weekend all year!

Cooper wanting off the pony.


Wearing Daddy's shoes.


Cooper's favorite new place to crawl. He crawls from the living room to the kitchen this way.




Cooper and his cowboy hat, amazingly he actually kept this on for a while.


Nothing is better than my cup in one hand and my alligator in the other.


1 comment:

Dawn Jenkins said...

I heard that Cooper and Ellie had a nice conversation at Gunner's party. We need to schedule a play date.