Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trip to Toys R Us

Cooper turns 10 months tomorrow and I thought I had managed to escape disaster on our trips outside the home. That is until yesterday. I needed to run to Toys R Us for a safety gate and then by Old Navy. I had coupons for both that expired a day. The trip started off bad, I put him the car and while I was loading the stroller he started screaming. I'm not for sure if he thought I was leaving him by himself but he went crazy. We were halfway there before he calmed down. So we went in and got the gate, which is actually one of those gates you can enclose and keep your kids in there, I promise it is actually for our Christmas tree. I loaded the thing in the cart, paid for it, struggled to get it to my car on the downward slooping parking lot as the cart began to pick up speed, and then realized that with the stroller taking up the entire trunk, I could not fit the box in my car. I tried everything, Cooper's car seat is still in the middle and with a Honda Civic there is only so much you can do. For lack of a better word I felt like an idiot. Thankfully my mother-in-law lives like 3 minutes away and was at home and could come rescue me. Thank you again! After that I didn't feel like going to Old Navy, but that was the whole reason I brought stroller in the first place. After Old Navy I drove through Dairy Queen and treated myself to a sweet tea. It could have been worse, I could have gotten a giant Reece Cup Blizzard.

1 comment:

Sulayne said...

We would have understood if you bought the blizzard ...it was just one of those days. (I guess I'm not the best accountability partner, huh?)