Saturday, January 26, 2008

I was bored so I started reading through some old blogs and came across one from Karen on Thanksgiving weekend. She had a picture of Cooper from the day we brought him home from the hospital. It made me sad just looking at and seeing how small he was and much he has grown. It's hard to believe that was almost 2 1/2 months ago. Although I have to admit, I loved the 8 1/2 hours I slept last night.

Heather and Craig had their baby boy this week and last night Craig came over to get the bassinet. and as much as I loved everything about the first few days, I do not miss that look of pure exhaustion he had on his face. It makes me realize how far we have come in the past 10 weeks. Granted I don't have much experience, but anyone having their first baby or planning on having a baby, the key is a routine. We do the same thing every night. Go to Cooper's room, get in the rocking chair with a bottle and play they Disney Lullaby CD. He knows that means bedtime. Even when he was about 2 weeks old, he knew that was bedtime and even if he only slept 3 hours, he typically went right back to bed. Here we are 10 weeks later and getting 8 or more hours of sleep. It just seems like yesterday I was praying for 5!

We have a busy weekend coming up, Sharon and Karen are coming over for lunch today. I'm looking forward to that. I haven't seen Sharon since the week I came home from the hospital. It will be good to catch up. Later this evening I'm going to Tracey's house. All the wives are getting together with the kids while the husbands go out. There are going to be 8 kids there. Although my job is the easiest, I'm the only with a child who isn't mobile yet. The plan is to do this once a month and alternate months when the wives get the kids and when the husbands get the kids. Something tells me that isn't going to work out.

Tomorrow I'm going to see my friend Mary who I used to work with at Mercer. She had a new baby girl on New Years Eve. It's her third child, all girls, what a trooper. Another girl from Mercer, Jennifer, is also joining us. It should be fun.
Well I think I hear my baby waking up, Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Mrs. Wesely said...

Lunch was so fun today. I'm also very glad to hear that you are starting to get more sleep!!

melanie said...

It was great to see you! You have done a fabulous job getting cooper on a routine. He has such great parents!
melanie