Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year

New Years Day I tried to think of the last time that I did not stay awake to watch the ball drop, I can't remember. Well, this year I was in bed by 10:30. Cooper was in bed and I couldn't miss out on a few extra hours of sleep had I stayed up, plus I was exhausted. I did have a good night, Karen and Jonathan came over and watched the IU bowl game with us, even though IU lost, it was still fun. I also tried to think of fun things that happened this year, here is the list, I'm trying to go in order the best I can.

The Colts won the Super Bowl! That was a great night, although I believe the AFC Championship game was more fun to watch, especially the second half.

Steve and I spent a wonderful 7 days in Walt Disney World in early February! It was great! The weather was perfect and it was nice to get away when the weather here was below freezing.

March was an exciting month, we found out I was pregnant. At times it seems like I was pregnant forever, other times, it seems like yesterday we found out.

Not much happened in April, I did get my first ultrasound, but I still can't point out what we were looking at.

In May we bought a new car for myself. I had my previous car for 9 years and I needed to upgrade to a four door. I can't imagine trying to get the car seat in and out of a 2 door, it's hard enough as it is.

In June we had my 20 week ultrasound. I thought for sure it was a girl, but I was wrong! Once she said boy, it all seemed perfect. Even though at first I was hoping for a girl, I can't imagine anything different. I think I even want another boy.

In July we painted the nursery. I know it seems early, but I like to have things done early. Plus once August got here, Steve had to work a couple of weekends, then IU football started which Steve went to a few games, so our weekends were short lived.

In August I applied for a new job within my company and by the the end of the month had accepted the position. I was very unhappy where I was currently, so this was great. Plus is was something totally different than what I was used to. I started in September, it was been great so far.

In September and October I had some baby showers. those can be exhausting. It wore me out. Either that or it was because I was 7 months pregnant.

We all know what November was- Cooper was born! The rest of the month and year has pretty much been a blur. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I don't really make New Years Resolutions, but I do want to set some goals, I will think of those and post some later.
Have a great week!

1 comment: