Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Newport Aquarium

Monday morning we headed out to the Newport Aquarium.  It was a first for all of us. 



The boys were amazed my the sharks and I have to admit, I was too. Although, being in the shark tunnel looking up to a shark above your head can be a little creepy.



I don't know if you can see that back there behind the glass, but that is Mighty Mike, a giant, giant alligator.


This is how Cooper and Cameron would measure up to Mighty Mike.  Couldn't even get him in the while picture.

Love these next two.



Frogs!




 I touched a shark but Cooper didn't get the courage up to do it.  They were swimming toward the bottom of the tank so I think he might have been scared to lean over too much.

The aquarium was a little smaller than I had expected.  I don't know if I will make that drive just for the aquarium only.  Don't get me wrong, we had fun, it was something new and we spent the day as a family.  I was just surprised at how quickly we got done.  I did like the sharks though :)


Since we were done so early we took the scenic route home and drove through Madison.  Madison has so much character and I love little towns like that.
It was a good day and I've enjoyed the freedom of not having a real schedule this week.

1 comment:

Susie said...

Fun place to visit!!