Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Weekend!

It's been a glorious weekend!  How can you top a weekend that was spent celebrating our risen savior?

We kick-offed the celebration by coloring some eggs.  The boys weren't all into it this year. I think it's probably because we rushed through it.  We just ran out of time this year.


Moving on to Saturday.  Cooper had his first game and it was also picture day.  Opening day and picture day is held on the same day making it crazy, especially since every team has a game.  Steve is helping coach this year, so of course I had to make jokes about going home with the coach :)

Our team, Cooper is #4 on the end.




To be honest I think he is going to be a little bored this year.  Last year they "pitched" to the kids and give them a shot before getting the tee out.  This year they are only using the tee.  Also, the balls are soft and unless you are in the field within a few feet from the tee, you don't stand a chance of getting your hands on it.  It's organized, but for the older kiddos (it's ages 4-6) they just get bored.

Love this sign.

After the game it off to Scott's for a cook out and egg hunt.  They love his neighbor's dog Katie.  

Find those eggs!





Easter baskets were laid out and ready for Sunday morning.

My mom bought the boys their shirts and ties about a month ago, Cameron seriously begs me to wear his every Sunday.  I can't blame him, they are super adorable!





I hesitated to put this one here cause it's a horrible angel, but it's cute of my boys and I like to keep myself in the picture.  I think that's important.

We headed out to church with such an amazing worship portion that we almost didn't need the sermon.  Some days he music is all you need.
After church it was lunch with Steve's family and home for a nice relaxing Sunday.
A fun-tastic weekend spent with my little family.

With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last.  The curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom.  And when the centurion, who stood there in front of Jesus, heard his cry and saw how he died, he said, "Surely this man was the son of God?"
Mark 15: 37-39

"Don't be alarmed," he said.  "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified.  He has risen!  He is not here.
Mark 16:6

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.  Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28: 18-20








4 comments:

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

you look beautiful!

Susie said...

The boys look good along with you in the picture!!

Tracey said...

You are gorge as always! Looks like a fantastic weekend to me! The boys ties...seriously adorbs.

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Those ties are ridiculously CUTE!!!!