Thursday, July 3, 2008

Jazzercise!

If you have known me more than 5 years then you know how much Jazzercise has changed me. I used to be the biggest couch potato and hated exercise. About 2 weeks before I got engaged I decided I needed to get in shape and join the class. Steve didn't think it would last, however he didn't realize the power and motivation a ring brings to a female. Once we were married a year later didn't mean that I would quit, I was already hooked. It takes dedication to go to class 6 months pregnant, 90 degrees outside, and no air conditioning. Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, I slowed down a bit in the summer months but picked it back up once it cooled down. So much so I was in there on a Wed and delivered on Mon. Anyway..... once I went back to work I found it difficult to go to class. I had to leave work early and even then I didn't get home till 6:30 and it was too big of a rush to get things done. After Cooper got sick then I got sick it had been almost a month since I had been to a class. I knew that there was a possibility I would get to stay at home with Cooper but it would take a few months. Luckily, instead of cancelling my membership I was able to put my account on hold. As of July 1st my account was active again. I've already been twice this week and it feels great. I'm a little sore, it's amazing how much changes in such a short amount of time. The best advice I've gotten since I decided to stay at home was to find something for myself. For me, Jazzercise is it. I feel great, I'm so excited to be back!

No comments: