Wednesday, January 16, 2013

What's on your Nightstand?

Since I obviously don't have anything else going on and I can't come up with an original idea of my own, I'm gonna steal Gretchen's idea and blog about my nightstand.  Please, don't get too excited.
 
This beauty right here is my nightstand,
 
 
Let's start with the baby monitor.  This thing is my security blanket.  My kids rarely wake up in the middle of the night but I can't seem to get ride of it.  We used it for Cooper right up until the night we brought Cameron home from the hospital.  Cameron will occasionally call out for me but it's always as he is half asleep and I almost never need to go get him.  It's like I need the hum of it to get me asleep.
 
The lamp is really just decorative, never use it.  The water  bottle has been there for a couple of weeks.  I had a dry throat one night and kept it by my bed  in case I woke up coughing.  Then there is the phone charger.  We don't have a land line so I keep my phone by the on vibrate all night.  I'm a pretty light sleeper so if someone calls it will wake me.  It's also my alarm clock. 
 
You may recall from my trip to Nashville when we met Katherine from Grass Stains.  She brought this for Tracey, Gretchen, and myself.  I love it!
 
I also have some reading materials; my yearly planner, Once a Day Bible, and Mockingjay, the third book in the Hunger Games series. 
 
 
I love my Once a Day Bible!  I tried to do a reading plan on my phone but I need the hard copy, I'm old school.  I also like having something to check off each day.  At the end of each day there is also a devotional to reflect on so you aren't just reading for the sake of getting it done.
 
Next to my bed I have a bag with my Community Bible Study materials in it.
 
 
With all the reading materials I'm sure you can guess why my blogging has taken a backseat.  Thank you to Gretchen for the topic, you may have set off a new Blog-Off.
 
 
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

Tracey said...

I didn't know you were reading the Hunger Games!!

ginmommy said...

I'm so glad you did it too! But here's what I'm wondering, do you sleep on the left side of the bed? Like if I'm looking at the bed, are you on the left? I hate that side of the bed!

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

Ok. I am all caught up! I think I might do the nightstand thing too. That's fun!