Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

To start my Thanksgiving weekend post I need to back up a day and begin with Thanksgiving Eve.  For the second year in a row I met up with Gretchen, Tracey, and Jaime for dinner and a movie.  Last year was Breaking Dawn 1 and this year was Breaking Dawn 2.  I know most don't understand it, but it's really not all about wolves and vampires.  It's a love story!!!  A good one too.
 
I had heard there was a twist and that twist will be fixed by the end but it didn't top me from holding my breath for about 10 minutes wondering how on Earth that twist would fix itself.  I don't know what we will do next year, I love our tradition.  I'm sure we can find something. 
We spent most of Thanksgiving Day playing around in our pj's.  I do believe I finally took a shower around 3. We all even took naps. 
 
We played with our new play-doh from Jake and the Science kit from my in-laws.  Cooper and Steve dug for dinosaur bones.


For dinner we celebrated with my in-laws at Scott's house.  We had some yummy, yummy food.  Steve's mom makes the best homemade chicken & dumplings.  I did my best to get some good pictures, I finally just gave up and went with whatever they would give me.
 
 


 
He's all mine girls, all mine.
After dinner I took the boys home and Steve went to Toys R Us with his brother.  There didn't seem to be as many deals this year as last.  We usually base what we will buy the kids on what's on sale, they are pretty easy to please. They were in and out in under an hour again. 
 
Friday we spent most of the day in our pj's again.  I made a quick run to the mall and ordered a few things online.  We are finished with the boys.  It feels good.  Cooper felt pretty miserable all day on Friday, it's probably why he took a nap on Thursday.  I ended up taking him to the Take Care Clinic.  I was sure it was an ear infection, he had some drainage and complaining of it hurting.  She said it only looked a little pink but gave us an antibiotic anyway.  I'd rather be safe than sorry.
 
Steve had to work today.  It's the nature of health care, if you are lucky enough to be off on a holiday chances are it has to be made up.  Cooper seemed to be doing 100% better.  I'm not so sure 1 dose of medicine can do that, but I'll take it.  We made a grocery run this morning and the pj pants came right back on.  Are you seeing a trend here?  I made some puppy chow chex mix this afternoon.  This is by far my favorite Christmas guilty pleasure.   I only make this during the holidays and I look forward to it ever year.  Cameron took one look at it and called it poop.  Of course he said bacon was yucky too, crazy kid.
This evening we gave the kids an early bath and we drove up to Charlestown to see the lights, we stayed the car though since we all had on pj's.   They were really my best friend this weekend. 
 

 
This kid has the most squeezable cheeks. 










 
 
A couple of things to remember from this weekend; after we ate dinner on Thursday Cooper asked when we could open the presents.  I guess the Christmas Tree up at Thanksgiving is a little confusing for a 5 yr old. 
 
Paolo the Elf made his comeback yesterday.  Cooper was so excited.  I was folding clothes today and asked Cooper to put up his pj's.  He acted like he didn't want to.  My response was, "Paolo do you hear that?  Cooper doesn't want to put up his clothes like I asked."  He immediately grabbed them and ran into his room.  I love Paolo!
 
I saw something on Pinterest this weekend that said "Stop the glorification of busy".  I couldn't agree more.   Don't get me wrong, I love going places and keeping busy myself, but there was just something peaceful about relaxing and enjoying one another this weekend.  So incredibly thankful for this little family God has blessed me with.
 

6 comments:

A Whole New McAfee Crew said...

I like that too. Thanks for sharing!! Looks like a fun weekend to me! :)

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I love it! And fun to see pics of you guys with Jaime, too. :-)

ginmommy said...

Use Paolo to your advantage! HA! Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Jaime Mac said...

I had so much fun w/ you gals!
Pj weekends are THE best.
Pics of Steve....priceless. :)

Jill said...

LOVE that quote. So good. Looks like a perfect weekend! :)

Beth, Joshua, Isabella, McKinley and AnnaKate said...

We love doing the square in pjs. ;)