Thursday, January 7, 2010

Resolution

So I finally have a New Years Resolution.... I'm going to run a 5k this year. If you know me, I DO NOT run. I know I can if I put my mind to it so that is what I'm going to do. Since I'm not a runner and don't have the proper running attire I am going to wait until it gets warmer before I can start. I'm not that crazy. Steve said he will run one with me but we obviously can't train together, so we will see how that works out.

Another resolution is to work on my relationships more. I feel like since Cooper, I have let some relationships slide and even when I do get together with friends it's usually in a group setting or play dates. Don't get my wrong, I love the play dates and Cooper is always my first priority, but I do need to make time for my friends for adult time. I feel those times alone, either with friends or just Steve & I make me a better mother. Also in this I am going to make the time I have with Cooper more valuable. I do take our time for granted since we are home together every day.

So there you have it... my 2010 resolutions!

7 comments:

Mrs. Wesely said...

I will help you train!! You will be so excited!

Jill said...

I have done a few 5ks, too! You will be fine. I love races. I know that sounds crazy, but there's just an energy and excitement there that you can't explain. Good luck! ;)

ginmommy said...

I just told Tracey today that I would love to do a "mini" I don't know ANYTHING about running tho. I think that's great you are doing it!!! Also, that you are thinking about your relationships. Way to be "aware"

Tracey said...

Two great resolutions! Way to go, girl!!

Amy said...

Good luck on your training I'm sure you will do great! You're so right about taking a little time to yourself. I struggled with that at first, but finally I realized it did make me a better mother, however, I still struggle with it at times. Happy New Year!

zheng said...

so lovely

Melissa said...

You'll do great and feel great after you've accomplished it, and of course it will be fun running with your hubby!