Thursday, January 21, 2010

Date Night

Steve & I got to have an improptu date night on Wednesday. His brother Scott had gotten two tickets to Actors Theatre to see Crime & Punishment. He wasn't interested in going and his parents weren't interested to they offered the tickets to us and also to watch Cooper. Of course we couldn't refuse that offer. We had season tickets back around the time we got engaged and I forgot how much I love seeing plays there, I don't think we have ever seen a bad production. Now it's something we can't really spend our money on so we don't go. This was no exception, the plot was a little dark, it is about murder, but the actors were fantastic. First, if you have been there and have had the opportunity to see something in their Bingham Theatre, it's awesome! It's round, so everyone sits around the stage and it's very intimate. There were only three actors, 2 men & 1 woman, the woman was amazing!!! I think she had 4 parts, it blows my mind to see how these people can turn one character off and go into another. Stage actors don't get nearly the credit they deserve. One of the men was in every single scene..... that had to take a lot of work. Sorry I didn't get any pictures, you just get my review. It was a fun night and thanks to our family for the tickets and for watching our little man.

Two more things, we got home and Steve's parents told us how after his mom laid him down for bed they kept hearing him calling out for me. He rarely does that, usually he goes straight to sleep. Then it dawned on her she hadn't given him his pacifier (don't judge it's only for night time and I am drawing the line at 3). So his had goes in there to give it to him but he needs to turn on the light because he didn't know where it was. Cooper looks up at him with George in his hand, takes the pacifier and immediately lays down and goes straight to sleep. How cute!!!

Second, I got the opportunity to wear my new shoes. I never thought I would fall into the trend of wearing flats, hello I'm only 5'2. But I found some at Dillard's, 70% off, so I took the plunge. They worked! It's a good thing my husband is only 5'10. It also helped wearing flats while walking in the parking garage stairwell... I didn't have to hold on to the nasty rail.

2 comments:

mjporter said...

I have a picture of Crime and Punishment if you want to post it!

-Actors Theatre

melanie said...

I love going out to the theatre (hear my snooty fluty accent there). But really we try to go 1-2 times a year. Glad you got to go.