Friday, June 6, 2008

The Countdown Is On!

Just one more week of work! I am getting super excited. There have been times these past couple of weeks when I question whether I made the right decision or not. I like my job, I like the people, can we afford this... questions like that would run through my mind. However it has never been more evident this past week that I am making the right choice. Cooper has changed his bedtime in in the past couple of weeks. He cut out is late afternoon/early evening nap and starting going to be around 7:30, sometimes early. He also started sleeping all night long, so I'm not going to change anything. So here is our typical day. Wake him up at 6:40, change his clothes, out the door by 7. Pick him up at daycare between 5:15-5:30. Get home, feed him dinner, eat dinner ourselves. Clean up the kitchen, give Cooper a bath, play for 15-30 minutes, give him a bottle and put him to bed. So on any given day I see my son for about 1 1/2 hours and spend maybe 45 minutes of quality time with him that doesn't involve us trying to cook or clean or bathe. I'm a little scared he isn't going to enjoy the arrangement at first, Steve and I have just become these people that pick him up in the evening, take him to some place so he can sleep, and bring him back to the people that really take care of him. Since that is pretty much all he does at home is sleep. I try to not to do things during the week that takes away from him. There is a load of laundry still in my dryer from Tuesday. I've haven't worked out in almost three months, I just can't justify going to Jazzericse or the gym when I could get home and Cooper may already be in bed and the only time I've seen him was on the ride to daycare. We've also given up doing other things with friends as well in the past 7 months. When I take all this into account, I know I'm ready. After next week I can have more Cooper time, more Mommy time, and more Mommy & Daddy time.
Speaking of my last week, I already have two lunches planned with some co-workers and I think we are having cake as well my last day. I casually mentioned if I could leave early of if I really need to "work" my last day. My supervisor made the comment "Oh we are going to get all we can out of you." You know, I did give them a 7 weeks notice, you would think they could give me a half day?
Well I guess I should get to work, don't worry I actually still have 18 minutes before my day should start. Although I do get here anywhere between 30-45 minutes early every day and rarely take a lunch, so actually they kind of owe me a whole week, maybe I should just leave today!

No comments: