Friday, February 29, 2008

Mother's Intuition

Well I think I had my my first mother's intuition today. Ever since I came back to work I've kept my cell phone out on my desk just in case something happens. That way if I miss a call on my work phone I will have my cell out too. It helps that Steve is in the same building as the daycare so I'm never too worried.
Today however I had training all day. I meant to bring my cell with me, but I forgot. After lunch I decided to go and check my missed calls. My exact words were "I'm going to check my phone just in case there is a daycare emergency". Sure enough, I had a total of 6 missed calls and at least three messages from Steve. Cooper had a rash, a slight fever, was very cranky, and a loss of appetite. Steve had already made our dr's appointment for 3:00 today.
By the time I got there Cooper had pretty much calmed down and luckily ate a little for me. We just got back from the dr's office and everything looks fine. He wasn't running a fever anymore, he really wasn't fussy, so she thinks it's a viral infection of some kind. His blood count looked good, so no worries as of yet.
I guess that is another milestone we met- Child's first sick visit!

No comments: