Thursday, April 28, 2016

Master Bed & Bath and Bonus Room

I'm going to be a dedicated blogger and just keep on going.

When we met with our builder we determined the floor plan that was in our budget was the same as our previous home.  I was determined to do as much as possible to change it up.

This is our view coming in from the garage door.  Since we added a bonus room and needed to add steps, this naturally changed.  It became more of a hallway instead of just opening up to the living room.  We have hooks for jackets on the left going down the hall before it opens to the living room. I love that it gives us a place to keep all our school stuff and shoes so that it's readily available before going out the door.




On the right hand side we have the laundry room entrance and then the steps to the bonus room.  Straight ahead we have the master bedroom and bath.



View from master bedroom.


We have switchback stairs that go up to the bonus room.  This turned out much bigger than I had anticipated. We also got a large closet that holds toys for right now.  Notice the lone Nerf gun dart I didn't get clean up?





It was a beautiful rainy day when I took these.  But one day, all construction will be done and this will be a fabulous place to sit and read.




One of the most overwhelming decision was our lighting.  We went quite a bit over budget and even made a second trip to the store after we changed our mind.  I am so thankful we did.  This is in stairwell as well as our foyer and it matches our dining room.  So glad we listening to our gut.



The entryway and bonus room are both painted in Sherwin Williams Ellie Gray.

Not much changed in our master bedroom.  It's' the same square feet as our old bedroom but the length and width were flipped.  This is the room that led me to change the cable outlet three times.  I just couldn't' figure out where I wanted our bed. Our superintendent has the same floor plan and finally convinced me it would go best between the windows.



Close up of our artwork. It all came from Etsy, picture came from the MyLydia store and lanterns from SnakSaks.



I'm waving hi to you looking into master bath.  The biggest change in here was getting rid of our whirlpool tub and upgrading to tiled shower.  Not disappointed in the least.



 Then comes this cute little door here...






Steve and I were talking through the house right after it was framed and noticed some storage under the stairs that wasn't accessible. I talked to Tyler and they re-framed it and build a door and now we have holiday storage.  Best $240 I will ever spend in my life.



We also added a linen closet which we did not have so now we have more room in our closet.  I always felt our closet was crammed having all our towels in there,  it just feels cleaner now.  Or that could be that we've only lived here for six weeks.

Master bedroom and bath were both painted in Sherwin Williams Mineral Deposit.

I'm gonna try and get the rest of the house done by early next week.  I'll also have the mini marathon to blog about. It looks like a rainy day again.


No comments: