Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wow, another week has passed, one that I really did not think I would make through. Steve had to work this weekend, making that 7 days straight and it was just me and Cooper. To make things a little more complicated, he had a stuffy nose all week and had trouble sleeping. He seems to be doing better, but we also kept him in his car seat last night with his head propped up, so that seemed to help. I told him this morning that tonight it Daddy Duty, mommy needs some sleep! I did get out yesterday for a few hours. My in-laws have been pretty much begging me to let them come over and watch him for a few hours. So I went out with my mom, did a little shopping and went out to eat. I felt bad for leaving him, but it was the second time in three weeks I had left the house and didn't involve a hospital or a doctor's office. It felt good. It was my practice run for in two weeks Steve and I are going to an IU basketball game.

I'm trying to think if anything else has happened that doesn't deal with Cooper, but I can't think of anything. I do miss my friends! Our friends Matt & Melanie had their annual Christmas party on Friday night, we have been the past two years, and we had to skip out this year. I am usually in bed around 9:30, depending on Cooper's last feeding, and I just didn't have the energy this year. I hope everyone had a good time, it usually is. Melanie is a great host.
We also haven't done anything with Eric & Tracey in over a month, which is crazy. We used to go out to dinner at least once a week. I'm giving myself another week and then I'm going to get back into the swing of things. I'm sure all new moms are the same way, you cherish your down time now and when baby is sleeping, you want to be sleeping.
Well I'm off to see what I can get done around here before my little turkey wakes up.

3 comments:

Mrs. Wesely said...

I'm sorry this week was rough for you. It has to get better with time. Taking a little time to get out is also very healthy so don't fell guilty. You are a great mommy!

Rachel said...

Hi, Jami! Congrats to you and Steve on the little one!!!!!!!

Here's hoping that you get some good nights' sleep soon!!!

Jason & Michelle said...

My goodness, I know this is going to sound strange, but - I think Steve is my daughter Lexi's OT - and would you believe I found your blog through Karen's? :) Congratulations on the new baby!